Banff’s finest family accommodation welcomes pets!
We know that your pet is a part of the family, so we are happy to provide comfortable lodging for all members of your family.
To book a pet-friendly room, call reservations toll free at 1-800-661-9267.
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets offers a limited number of pet friendly condos in our outside units. Remember to mention that you are bringing a pet when booking your condo. Your pet friendly condo comes with a food dish and water bowl, cookies, trail maps and baggies.
We look forward to welcoming you and your pet on your next stay at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets!
To ensure a safe and comfortable stay for you and your fellow guests, please note the following guidelines:
- The Douglas Fir Resort has many young guests who are susceptible to pet allergens; this is why we maintain 94% of our rooms as completely pet free. Because of this, all pet friendly rooms MUST be booked prior to arrival. No exceptions. A fee of $350.00 will be charged if a pet is found in a pet free room.
- The resort reserves the right to deny pet friendly stays as they see fit. All pet friendly bookings must be pre-approved prior to arrival.
- Maximum of two pets per condo.
- Your pet is not to be left unattended in the room, unless in an appropriate kennel.
- Pets are not allowed in Pet Free rooms and public hotel spaces.
- In accordance with Town of Banff bylaws and Banff National Park regulations, your pet(s) must be on a leash at all times when outside and dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet.
- Should your pet create a disturbance affecting the comfort of other guests, you will be expected to compensate the hotel for this loss of revenue.
- Any damages to the room caused by your pet will result in additional charges to your credit card.
We pay special attention to our pet friendly rooms. Therefore, there is a pet charge of $25.00 per day per dog (all taxes included), to cover additional cleaning charges. The Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets donates 5% of all pet fees to the Bow Valley SPCA.
Concerned about allergies?
Not to worry! Most of our rooms are kept “pet free.” Only a select few rooms are designated to house pets. All our rooms are non-smoking.