Our three large Family Suites are now available! Not a detail has been missed in these spacious, three bedroom suites. Every nook and cranny of these two level, 1350 square foot units has been laid out with our guest’s needs in mind. Perfect for large families, multiple families or friends travelling together.
The spacious living room area on the main level includes an electric fireplace (the latest in green technology with separate heat controls) and enough comfortable seating for everyone on the large sectional couch and comfy leather chairs. The wall mounted, swivelling 42” HDTV flat screen includes a Plug and Play panel. It is easy for families to bring all of their electronic gaming systems (wii, Xbox, playstation etc.), with our Plug and Play, easy connect panel in the living room and in the main upstairs bedroom (don’t forget to bring your connector cables).
Enjoy majestic mountain vistas from your own private, double balcony from the living room or dining room.
This suite (our largest room at the Douglas Fir Resort) can accommodate a maximum of 10 people and provides three separate bedrooms with four bathrooms in total. Each bedroom has its own individually controlled electric heat and air conditioning system and a private en-suite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.
- Main level bedroom: 2 queen beds, closet and a 32” HDTV flat screen. En-suite bathroom.
- Upstairs bedroom: 2 queen beds, skylight, closet and a 37” HDTV flat screen with Plug and Play panel and DVD player. En-suite bathroom.
- Upstairs Bedroom: 2 double beds, skylight, closet and a 26” HDTV flat screen. En-suite bathroom.
Full Size Kitchen
A full size kitchen, complete with all of the modern necessities of home is located on the main level right next to the open dining room. Ten comfortable, leather chairs surround the beautiful and spacious maple dining room table. The four piece bathroom with soaker tub on the main floor is ideal for bathing the youngest children or having a quiet soak.
- Two heated, underground parking stalls
- A large ski locker with free padlock
- Unlimited access to the Town of Banff Shuttle Bus system
Enhanced services for this suite include nightly turn down service, chocolates on your pillow and a daily newspaper.
Check-in: After 4:00 p.m.
Check-out: By 11:00 a.m.
For your convenience, we provide complimentary firewood,limited wireless internet access, local telephone calls, parking and free, unlimited access to the Town of Banff Shuttle Bus system. Our suites are complete with cable TV, hair dryer, in-room safe, iron and board, telephone, quality bathroom amenities; recycle bins and daily maid service. View all of our amenities.
Each suite contains a full kitchen, which includes a fridge, stove with cooktop and oven, microwave, coffee maker (with complimentary coffee) and dishwasher. We are always striving to ensure we provide everything you will need to prepare a home cooked meal in the comfort of your own room. All rooms are fully stocked with the following items:
- Coffee cups, Highball glasses, Juice glasses and Wine glasses
- Bowls, Soup Plates, Salad plates and Dinner plates
- Forks, Knives, Tea spoons and Soup spoons, tongs
- Bread knife, French cook knife, Steak knife and Paring knife
- Potato peeler, Potato masher, Whisk, Egg Flipper, Cheese grater, Slotted spoon, Soup ladle, Bottle opener, Can opener and Corkscrew
- Loaf pan, Large & Small metal bowls, Large & Small frying pans, Splatter screen, 1 x 4.7 litres Large pot, 1 x 2 litres Medium pot & 1 x 1 Litre Small pot, cookie sheets
- Measuring cup, Juice jug, Colander, Tea Pot and Bread board
- Tea kettle, Toaster, Coffee maker (with filters & 2 coffee sachets) and Ice bucket
- Salt & Pepper shakers, Sugar & Coffee mate
- Paper Towels, Pot mitten holders, Tea towels and a Dish cloth
Complimentary housekeeping service is provided daily unless otherwise requested. Linens are changed every three days.
Environmentally Friendly Initiatives
Douglas fir Resort has implemented environmentally friendly initiatives throughout the hotel. You may assist in our recycling and water conservation efforts by re-using towels and linen when possible and by using the recycling bin in your room for paper, newspaper, magazines, plastic, cans, glass, cardboard.